Tektronix WaveStar vs ASA M1 Waveform Viewer
Thousands of engineers have used Tek’s WaveStar1 software (WS) as a means of saving and recalling waveforms. Unfortunately for those engineers, Tek has discontinued WS. In response, ASA has added support for WS file formats like WFM and ISF in our M1 Waveform Viewer™ (M1WV™) tool, allowing continued use of their saved libraries of WS waveforms, while also gaining new capabilities in viewing and analyzing those waveforms.
M1WV and WS provide many of the same capabilities, such as the ability to:
- Retrieve, save, and reload waveforms from Tek scopes
- Remotely change the vertical and horizontal settings of an attached scope. [coming soon for M1WV]
- Make basic “front-panel scope measurements” (although M1WV provides a total of 22 such parameters while WS provides only 13)
- View multiple waveforms at the same time
M1 Waveform Viewer advantages over WaveStar
M1WV is able to provide significant additional capabilities that WS lacks, such as:
- Support for a wide variety of non-Tektronix platforms, digitizers, and EDA tools
- Support for the digital channels of your Mixed-Signal scopes
- Full analysis on all parameters across multiple acquisitions
- Effortless waveform sharing via email
- A no-cost solution
- Online training resources
- An EE Times “Ultimate Product Award”-winning experience
WaveStar advantages over M1 Waveform Viewer
There were a few things that WS could do that M1WV can’t. All of these capabilities are available in our flagship M1 Waveform Tools™ package, as well as many others.
M1 Waveform Viewer is not just a viable option for replacing WaveStar, but also provides many new capabilities not found in WaveStar.
If you require more than simple browsing, or want a complete waveform analysis/debug/collaboration/ automation/etc. solution that works identically with all of your scopes, digitizers, and EDA tools at a fraction of the cost of tools from the platform OEMs, we recommend that you look at M1 Waveform Tools.
Tektronix and WaveStar are trademarks of Tektronix Corporation. Neither ASA, nor any software programs or other goods or services offered by ASA, are affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by Tektronix Corporation.