M1™ Virtual Deep Acquisition Memory™
Do you sometimes need deeper acquisition memory than you have in your digitizer or scope?
When you buy a new scope or digitizer, do you struggle with just how much of that expensive scope memory you should load it up with, "just in case?"
M1 Virtual Deep Memory™ is a suite of sophisticated analysis tools that provides you with a virtual acquisition memory space that is many times larger than the physical acquisition memory space of the oscilloscope or digitizer itself. These tools are designed to give you an unfair advantage in performing the most common tasks, like:
- Tracking down very infrequent, seemingly hidden pathologies (debug)
- Detecting/quantifying long-timescale behaviors (debug/analysis)
- Efficiently collecting large quantities of measurement results into well-organized datasets that integrate into your offline measurement database (characterization/ environmental test).
M1 Virtual Deep Memory continues ASA's track record as the imagination of the oscilloscope and digitizer industry. It will save you money. It will save you time. It will give you an unfair advantage against the things that get between you and delivering your device/system on time.
VDM Provides the Equivalent of Deep Acquisition Memory in Your Oscilloscope
Most oscilloscope and digitizer users don't buy the deepest acquisition memory that is available to them. It is very expensive and no one ever knows exactly how much they really need in advance. And even when it is available, it is not readily utilized because engineers don't have the software tools to visualize and work with deep memory properly. To many engineers, deeper memory means that you have more cycles of the waveform to look through to find abnormalities. That isn't an exciting process. Memory depth does matter for many applications.
Can you use M1 Virtual Deep Memory instead of Physical Deep Memory?
ASA Corp has performed hundreds of "rescue" consults (the kind of thing where someone pays an expert to uncover your blind spots). In nearly every one of them, the memory depth that was available on site was more than enough. But the software analysis tools and the expertise to use them were lacking.
Only ASA Corp has thought about deep memory in ways that will make the acquisition memory depth that you have in your scope today more useful. The screen shot below shows the wizard that comes up when you request to make a virtual deep memory measurement. This wizard provides you with quick access to the features inside M1 Oscilloscope Tools depending on exactly what problem you want to solve or what analysis you want to make.
With M1 Virtual Deep Memory you may not actually need really deep physical acquisition memory. Depending on your task, you could be doing a whole lot more than your current digitizer or oscilloscope can do today by adding M1 Waveform Tools to your system.
It depends on your situation. Are you...
- Using an OLDER OSCILLOSCOPE or DIGITIZER?
- You paid dearly for your older high-performance digitizers or oscilloscopes.
- They were the state of the art then, but now might suffer from insufficient memory or reduced analysis capability, even though they are still solid acquisition engines.
- M1 VDM coupled with the ability to inexpensively bring these scopes' or digitizers' software analysis capabilities up to the state-of-the-art constitutes the least expensive Service-Life Extension Program (SLEP) that you will ever find.
- Enterprise licensing is available to make the costs drastically lower, and the organizational benefit drastically higher.
- Using a MID-RANGE OSCILLOSCOPE or DIGITIZER?
- Give your mid-range digitizer or oscilloscope the abilities of higher-cost hardware (deeper memory, broader and more sophisticated analysis) very inexpensively.
- Investigating the purchase of a NEW OSCILLOSCOPE or DIGITIZER?
- M1 Waveform Tools is designed to breathe new life into your existing scope inventory.
- M1 Waveform Tools and its ability to inexpensively bring your existing waveform source's software analysis capabilities up to the state-of-the-art constitutes the least expensive Service-Life Extension Program (SLEP) that you will ever find.
This M1 Service Life Extension Program will pay for itself in a number of ways:
- The deep memory you DON'T have to purchase will pay for M1 many times over for each scope!
- The scopes you DON'T have to purchase in order to get analysis capabilities that presently don't reside in your current fleet.
Note: In other ASA Corp literature, when trying to track down very infrequent, seemingly hidden pathologies, we have said that continuous capture is superior to first-cycle measurement. This would seem to indicate that deep memory is vastly superior for this. Based on years of experience of consulting on hundreds of the most difficult debug problems, once you have enough memory to capture a few tens of thousands of continuous events, additional continuous memory no longer provides much benefit when searching for rare events versus taking more acquisitions at a shallower memory depth. A case study that demonstrates this is the "1-in-17,000 Repeating Rare Event" case study.
|Talk To ASA||Learn More...||
Try M1 VDM Free
|Talk to ASA Corp about your Deep Acquisition Memory Needs||Learn more about M1 Waveform Tools||Try M1 Virtual Deep Memory out for 7 days at no cost|