M1™ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
This section provides guidelines and instructions for installing your M1™ Software. Note that these Installation instructions are also included in a PDF file on the installation CD, if provided.
For a detailed discussion of your installation options, please download application note ASA09-03.pdf: "Connecting M1™ to your Scope: You Have Choices." If you are using a digitizer, download application note ASA11-01-Digitizers.pdf: "How to set up and use your digitizer system with M1 Waveform Tools™."
In order to install M1™, your PC must meet the following minimum requirements. Additional installation-type-specific requirements are also included in the appropriate Installation section.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4, XP, or more recent Windows operating system
- A minimum of 1GB RAM (more recommended for use with deep-memory scopes – see Best Practices for more information)
- CD-ROM drive (if installing M1 from a CD)
- A minimum of 200 MB hard drive space (plus additional space for saved data files)
- monitor (1024x768 or higher resolution recommended)
- USB port (for attachment of required Security Key if using M1 Waveform Tools)
- Keyboard and mouse recommended
If using M1 Waveform Tools, note that, in all cases, you must not attach the Security Key to the PC until after you have completed the installation of M1™.