Collaborate spontaneously and without limitation.
You provide phones, email and conference rooms because you know collaboration among your team, your customers and your partners advances your business. It makes your team more effective. When it comes to measurement workflow, such as how you use waveform information and status to make decisions and conduct business, those tools make very little contribution. M1™ is the only tool on the market that ties all those expensive scopes in your labs, and all those expensive engineers that use them, together into a team that can move you to market quicker and efficiently support your products once they are in the market.
M1 can deliver rich collaboration because there are numerous ground-breaking capabilities built into it. You will likely never see these capabilities from ScopeCo because they literally fly in the face of their business objectives. For example...
Instant collaboration – The ability to send waveforms via email or FTP from within M1. With the click of a button, your coworker halfway around the world and your boss two rooms over can be exploring the same waveform that you are. And you can compress the data or even send only the 'interesting' part of the acquisition to make it that much easier.
All-scope/all-digitizer – M1 is the only waveform software on the market designed to make every brand of scope and digitizer look good.
Common data format, analysis engine, and UI – while ScopeCo sees this as obscuring the brand of the hardware that's sending you the data, the engineer trying to get some work done sees that as a very good thing. Everybody getting the same answer is icing on the cake.
The final capability in M1 that enables broad collaboration is the existence of a very low cost Reader that allows engineers outside of the lab to do anything M1 can do in the lab. M1 Reader™ allows waveform analysis away from the scope, so you can do your work where you want to and free up the scope for someone else to use it.
- One tool - everyone's getting the same answers with no time being taken out to validate a new tool every time your mission changes.
- The M1 collaboration model pushes the boundary of where you USE your oscilloscope from at the scope, to anywhere in the world. You no longer have to bring the collaborators to the waveform, you can bring the waveform to the collaborators, whenever you want, and wherever they are.
- Saving your waveforms in the M1 common data format, regardless of what brand of scope generated that data means now you can perform the actual analysis/thinking where and when you choose – and you can revisit any issue without refixturing and measuring the device. Ask your team what they think of that idea.
- M1 v6.02 introduced a compressed saved waveform format (VTC) that significantly reduces the amount of space required for the common data format files, making emailing or FTPing them that much easier. You can expect to see a minimum compression of 50%, with 70-80% being more typical, versus the standard VvT waveform format.
- Sometimes the 'interesting' behavior only happens during a small portion of a deep-memory acquisition. Or perhaps you need an answer fast and don't have time to FTP the entire waveform to the expert. To assist you, M1's Send Waveform facility will now allow you to specify a subset of the entire waveform to be sent.
- Consider this: In the past your company probably couldn’t afford to give every engineer his own oscilloscope. By facilitating centrally stored data and giving each member of the team the ability to locally analyze and explore that data at will, M1 has changed that.