PCI-Express Compliance TestRevision 1.0, December, 2009
Using the PCI-Express Compliance Test M1 Waveform Tools provides you with an expert solution to your compliance testing needs. M1 Waveform Tools is compatible with every real-time Keysight/Agilent, Tektronix, LeCroy, Rohde & Schwarz, and Yokogawa scope on the market, including the new Keysight/Agilent 90000 and Tek 70000 series. In addition, M1 supports digitizers manufactured by Keysight/Agilent/Acqiris, GaGe, National Instruments, Spectrum, and ZTEC.
By going with the M1 solution, if you don't meet your numbers you have the full power of M1 available to figure out what the problem is. If you need help, you can collaborate instantly by packaging up your waveform and sending it to your local signal integrity guru.
Most major signal standards are included, for free, with every installation of M1. Regardless of what standard you are working with, you will be ready to begin testing immediately with M1.
App Update Level/Date: 1.0, December 2009
Best Practices Revision Level: 4
Minimum M1 version required: v4.00
App Encryption: none
Our PCI-Express Compliance Test for PCIe 2.0 will test the following tables in the 2.0 specification:
- Table 4-9: 2.5 and 5.0 GT/s Transmitter Specifications
- Table 4-10: 5.0 GT/s Limits for Common Refclk Rx Architecture
- Table 4-11: 5.0 GT/s Tolerancing Limits for Data Clocked Rx Architecture
- Table 4-12: 2.5 and 5.0 GT/s Receiver Specifications
- Table 4-13: Worst Case Tx Corners for Channel Simulation
- Table 4-5: Differential Transmitter (TX) Output Specifications
- Table 4-6: Differential Receiver (RX) Input Specifications
- Table 2-1: Auxiliary Signal DC Specifications - PERST#, WAKE#, and SMBus (CEM)
- Table 2-3: DIFF 0.7 V AC Timing Requirements (Zero Delay Mode) (CEM)
- Testing will require 2 x single-ended probes
- Not Applicable for this App