Versatility without limits
Power Switching LossRevision 1.0, November 2013
This Special Measurement provides parameters for the measurement of Switching Loss across the FET of a switching power supply.
Spec Level: N/A
App Update Level/Date: 1.0, November 2013
Minimum M1 version required: v7.00
There are 3 DLLs in this Special Measurement:
- Measure Switching Loss during Turn-On time and Turn-Off time
- Measure Switching Loss during Conducting and Non-Conducting time
- Measure Total Switching Loss across the entire switching cycle
For each time interval, the following parameters are measured:
- Minimum Switching Loss in that interval across all cycles evaluated
- MaximumSwitching Loss in that interval across all cycles evaluated
- Mean Switching Loss in that interval across all cycles evaluated
- Standard Deviation of the Switching Losses in that interval across all cycles evaluated
- Number of cycles evaluated (Total DLL only)
- Switching Frequency (Total DLL only)
- (as listed above)
- Voltage (V) and Current (I) probes should be placed as shown below:
- Not Applicable for this App
- The user can select whether they wish the results to be displayed in Power (Watts) or Energy (Joules) units.
- ASA is in the process of adding a variety of power-related Measurement Apps, to be followed shortly by a complete Power Application to organize and expand these measurements.
Provide feedback to ASA about this App